Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Rain on my very own tin room..

Monday I finally got all moved in to my house for the summer. With every minute it's starting to feel a little more like home. I love it here. It's my first time to really really be on my own. Sure I haven't lived at home in two years but it has always been community living. I've lived in the dorm where there are strict rules, two person rooms, and community bathrooms. Next I lived in the sorority house where these is staff, two three and four person rooms, and yet again community bathrooms. I LOVE community living which I partially blame on me not having any sibilings around growing up really. This is so different though. Yesterday was a fabulous day.. my first real day in my new house. I went to class at an early 8AM then came back for a short nap then packed up with my roomies for an afternoon at the pool and finished the night with a glass of wine on our front porch swing. BLISS!! What more can a girl ask for?
Last night while swinging on the porch Madeline and I came to the conclusion that our house was a cabin. We really feel like it is. We have a fabulous tin roof and are surrounded on 3 well really 2.5 sides by woods. The mosquitos will get you here too.. I'm pretty sure we will have bought WalMart out of citronella by the end of the summer. And it has a porch that is perfect for sitting at night after the sun has gone down. It's a perfect little summer home and we all love it!
Now I'm relaxing in my bed rewatching season 1 of Gossip Girl and listening to the rain hit our tin roof and the thunder roll. I'm one happy little girl right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment