Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mardi Gras Date Party, Sunny Weekend

Well Friday was our date party. It was sooo much fun! Our Motown band ended up being rappers which was great for me. I'm a fan of rap. My date was a fabulous date.. it was a set up... we had never met until the night of It turned our wonderfully though. Everyone was decked out in beads and boas and even a few mask. I wore a simple gold dress that I absolutely love!!! All in all it was a successful night!!
Saturday my mom came to town for the afternoon to visit me for a little bit. We had BBB for lunch. I had chocolate chip pancakes and country ham.. both of which are my favorites! After that my mom and I spent the rest of the afternoon browsing the square. I could not have asked for more perfect weather! It was sunny and just warm enough not to need a sweater. I love days like that with my mom. We don't really have to do anything special except slow down and catch up! She likes to spoil me a little too which is nice.. I didn't come home empty handed. Saturday night my friends and I planned on having a low key night but instead decided last minute to go out. We had a blast people watching and enjoying the cool air on the balcony of a bar on the square. I LOVE Oxford. Today after church a few of us went to the baseball game. It was great ballgame weather. Its so much fun just to sit in bag chairs outside with a little sun and soak up the fabulous afternoon. The rain however cut our afternoon short. This weekend was just one of those that made me appreciate Oxford. There wasn't anything spectacular that stands out. It could have even partially been the weather but it was really just a great weekend to be here. I can't for more weekends like this as the spring arrives!
Date Party:

My camera literally had like 3 pictures on it so I didn't have any good group pictures but I found this one amusing!

No comments:

Post a Comment