Thursday, January 28, 2010

Pink Pick-Me-Up

Today was just one of those sad days. None of my roommates were in the room. I had already napped for a bit and it was still early in the afternoon plus our room was a furnace to say the least. I don't have any school work yet although it will hit me soon. Just one of those days, you know. So I decided to get in my car and go somewhere. I decided I would go get my nails done. As I drove though I was totaling what my bill would be in my head and thinking how long I'd have to wait and all. Then it occured to me that a bottle of nail polish usually runs about $8 for a good kind and getting my nails painted would cost between $15 and $20. This is kind of crazy when you think about it. Now don't get my wrong I love a good set of acrylic nails anyday and I absolutely LOVE pedicures but today I decided to go for the more thrifty and practical option. So after a few loops around the square and through town I headed toward our Hallmark store. I know that sounds like a very strange place to get nail polish but believe it or not it is one of the only places in this town that sell OPI polish. This is also a crazy fact to me.. I mean this is a college town with lots and lots of girls but anyhow. After several minutes of deliberation I settled on a Barbie pink color called "Shorts Story". OPI has the cutest names for nail polish!! So I headed back to the house to try out my new purchase! Success!!

Tonight my friends and I attended a speaking entitled "Girls Night Out". The speaker for the event was author of many useful books for girls around our age including "Sex in the City Uncovered" and "The List", Marion Jordan. She spoke about her life in college and the mistakes she made throughout her college career and into her single young adult life. Her story was amazing and she was a great speaker!! She said many things that are worth remembering and worth repeating. Tonight though I'll share a funny one: "Never Ever, never ever believe what a boy says in a hott tub!!"(or something of that effect)This is such a true statement! She was mainly talking about "The Bachelor" but it is also just a common rule of thumb I believe. Something about the attire or the warm water jets I believe. As you can tell she spoke mainly on relationships and self value.. self esteem and Gods impact on all of this in our lives. Wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment